New Clients will need to download our MyTaxOffice App and register as a new business or personal taxpayer. When using our app for the first time you will need to use our Firm passcode “UD8031”.
Once clients have registered they can either use the app to upload documents or upload by going to MyTaxOffice login link.
You will also be able to track the progress of the tax return once you have uploaded your tax documents.
Our Personal Tax Return services in completed in 3 phases
Phase 1: 1040 Tax Return Intake/ Interview: You will meet with a qualified tax document management specialist who will assist you in gathering your tax return documents. They will assist you will getting access to your MyTaxPortal so you are able to track the tax return preparation process and communicate securely with your tax return preparer. they will guide you through the process of organizing essential financial documents, leaving no stone unturned. They will assist you in completing any necessary tax questionnaires, addressing key details that may impact your tax liability or eligibility for deductions. Our document management specialist is a qualified tax professional whose primary focus is to help you gather all your tax information and documents before you send them to our tax return preparer.
Phase 2: Tax Return Preparation: During this phase your Tax Return preparer will review your tax return documents and your personal questionnaire that you completed with the document management specialist. They may request additional documents or information using MyTaxPortal secure messaging or via text messaging. NOTE: Personal information that is sensitive in nature can not be sent via text message. So it is important you monitor your secure messages. Once the Tax Return Preparer has all your pertinent tax information they will start preparing your tax return. Once the tax return is complete you will see a green checkmark in MyTaxPortal and a Request for Review and e-Signature.
Phase 3: Quality Review/Signature: Once you receive notice that the tax return is complete you can schedule a Quality Review/Signature appointment with your preparer to go over that tax return with you. If you wish to opt out of the quality review/ signature appointment you can complete the review in MyTaxPortal and e-sign the return for completion. Once the tax return is marked as reviewed and electronically signed we will e-file that tax return.
Note: When booking, if you are a single filing taxpaye select 1 taxpayer and if you are a married filing taxpayer select 2 taxpayer. You will be prompted to enter your spouse information.
- Tax Organizer
- Driver’s License for Taxpayer and Spouse
- Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, and Proof of Residency of all dependents.
- Copies of tax returns for the last two years, including state returns including depreciation schedule.
- Forms W2s- Wage and Tax Statement
- Forms 1099 INT- Interest Income
- Forms 1099-DIV- Dividends and Distributions
- Forms 1099-R-Distribution from Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or profit-sharing Plans, IRA, Insurance Contracts, etc.
- 1099-G- State Tax Refund/ Unemployment Income
- Forms K-1 (Business Income) From Partnership, S-Corp, etc
- Forms W2-G- Gambling
- 1099C- Cancellation of Debt
- SSA-1099 or RRB-1099- Social Security Income
- Forms 1099-B Broker and Barter Exchange Transactions
- Forms 1099-S Sales of Real Estate, Land, etc
- Form 1099 NEC Non-Employee Compensation
- Form 1099 Misc Miscellaneous Income
- Forms 1098- Mortgage Interest
- Forms 1098-T Tuition Statement
- Forms 1098 E- Student Loan Interest
- Forms 1095-A Healthcare Insurance Statement (Required if you received insurance from the healthcare exchanges)
- Dependent Care Expense Statement
- Charitable Contribution Statement
- Profit and Loss Statement for Self-Employed, Schedule C Filers
- Itemized deduction receipts summary or completed Itemized Deduction Worksheet (optional: if the client is itemizing)
- If claiming EIC. AOC, CTC, ACTC Tax Credits, a Due Diligence Verification Interview is required by the tax professional
- Claiming meals and entertainment deduction, a detailed records log of every event that shows, date, time, location, purpose, client/customer name, and meal dollar amount.
- Claiming mileage deduction. A detailed log of every trip show, date, time location, purpose, and client name. starting and ending mileage
- Rental Property Owners– If you have a Property Manager, provide your 1099-Misc (Rent Income) statement and the property manager annual property management financial statements. If you do not have a property manager then you are required to complete our Rental Property questionnaire for each rental property.
- For Day-Traders, Frequently Stock, or CryptoCurrency Traders: Submit your trades statement (Form 1099-B) in an exported excel format.
2023 Tax Organizers
- Individual Tax Organizers
- Individual Tax Organizer and Rental Property
- Individual Tax Organizer Sole Proprietorship and Rental
- LLC Tax Organizer
- Partnership Tax Organizer
- S-Corp Tax Organizer
- C-Corp Tax Organizer